Wednesday, May 23, 2012

night, is the time, for the hunger...

Haha, so on my last night of freedom this week (I work double shifts for the rest of the week), I choose to spend it doing a few things.
  • Listening to music on my computer.  As someone who is pretty much always on the go, this is a very strange thing for me...my process is usually rip, file CD away, sync to phone, and GO.  Sometimes, it is just nice to press shuffle, kick back, maybe sing along, and relax.  Of course, if I take the bus, I can also jam along to my song (as long as I abide by the 5 metre radius rule*).  It's unfortunate that I can't listen to music more while I am at work, but such is the work of a front desk person at job #1 and ticket seller at job #2.  I can't even attempt the 1-earbud thing, as so much of my stuff is in stereo.  I end up missing the vocals or one of the guitars.
  • Along with being alone, listening to music, I end up thinking, oh, I want to play that song! In comes the guitar, I open up Ultimate Guitar, and struggle through the majority of the song until I give up/add it to our future busking setlist.
  • started cleaning up some really old files...I'm talkin' 2005 here people...and found some old demos I recorded on my very first mp3 player.  Holy fudgicles.  Actually, some of the lyrics were not terrible!  maybe if I'm feeling extra courageous one day, I'll post one.  Haha, but not tonight.
Alas, the night is done--I have a lot of work ahead of me this week, followed by a double shot of the ARKELLS on Saturday (Free in-store, Music Trader, 4pm on May 26th; show at the Garrick that night!).  Sunday is the first bridal shower I'll attend where the person isn't related to me/a neighbour...I've finally reached that age, where I know people who are getting married!
 
*yes, this was an "entry within an entry"...I thought, why explain it here when I could put it in the definitive guide?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $500,000,00,( 3 CRORE INDIA RUPEES) All donors are to reply via Email only: hospitalcarecenter@gmail.com or Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com
WhatsApp +91 7795833215