Friday, September 02, 2011

waiting for this

Ok, yesterday was just weird.  I did manage to squeeze in some extra special nail polishin', just in time for the weekend. 

Cute, huh?  My toes are the same--though my right hand is not.  I've learned over the years that my left hand is just not as steady at stuff like painting tiny designs on the opposite hand.  See here for my reference point: That's right.  Hanson.  Live and electric (or at least for most of their set), TOMORROW.  the fangirl inside me is squeeing so hard right now.

Anyways, back to yesterday:  So I'm a pretty fairweather commuter cyclist, but since I only bought bus tickets (vs. a limitless bus pass) I was determined to use as few as them as possible, and decided to bike to work despite the pretty crappy weather--rained all night, bike was soaked, and it was super humid and muddy.  But it wasn't quite raining, so I put my rain jacket (that I've barely even worn--oh yeah, we've pretty much had a drought all summer!) in my basket and away I go.

Well, luckily I keep a towel in my work desk drawer to wipe my face down after a ride, because I also needed it for my legs which were covered in little gobs of mud.

Fastforward to leaving job #1 for job #2 and I realize that I don't remember bringing in my jacket when arriving at work.  Which means it was lost in downtown Winnipeg on busy commuter streets.  Which also means there is no way in hell I am getting it back.  I considered riding up and down the streets I took on the way to work, but with the murder of crows (read: bumbling drunk downtown dwellers) that were congregated by one of my intersections, I said farewell to my jacket and came home.

This terrible experience did have a silver lining (not white, like my jacket's lining): attached to my bike basket was a note, scribbled out on an old cigarette package saying "just wanted to let you know that your front wheel's forks are backwards" with an illegible signature.  Since I have no idea what forks on a bike are, I asked another cyclist that happened to be unlocking his bike at the same stand--my WHEEL has been on backwards.  And since I haven't changed it since purchase, that means Canadian Tire put the wheel on that way.  I managed to change it around right then and there, and it seemed to ride much better after that.  Boy do I feel like a n00b.  But how awesome is it that some stranger took the time to write me a note to let me know about my wheel?  Friendly Manitoba comes to life.

Quite possibly the worst part of yesterday (there's more?)  was my shift at a certain witchy musical.  One person in particular happened to take the name of the musical to heart in her dealings with Ticketmaster, which was most unfortunate.  No, you cannot pick up your husband's tickets, because that is technically credit card fraud.  I don't care if you can use it online to buy stuff, it is still fraud.  Oh, he is coming tonight, just parking the car?  Well then hang tight for 10 minutes.  She did hang tight for 10 minutes alright, but her husband never came to my window.  She stayed there, ranting and raving, filling up the air around us with negative energy and threatening me.  Luckily everyone behind her heard EVERYTHING and were especially nice to me!

So I'm hoping that my weekend ends up a bit more happy than yesterday, and how can it not?  Being with my 2 sisters=2 best friends that anyone can have, one of my favourite bands, road trip, EAST SIDE MARIO's.
Have a good long weekend, friends!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D0NATE OR SELL YOUR K1DNEYS WITH THE SUM OF 500,000.00 USD,EMAIL FOR MORE INFORMATION : EMAIL : kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com