Thursday, June 16, 2011

do they know that the world's on fire?

A few things on my mind today:

Van-couuuuuuuuver...Holy cow, what is happening?
I think the best summary of what went down can be seen on the National Post's Page: http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

So you've got your typical hockey fans who get angry enough to cause thousands of dollars of damage to public and private property, put many peoples' lives in danger, and equally as terrible, ruin any goodwill Vancouver had after the 2010 Olympics. It makes me so angry and confused that people can put aside their consciences so easily...turning over cars? lighting police vehicles on fire? damaging windows of businesses and looting stores? What a disgrace. I agree with many people in that social media networks, newspapers, and the public should be assisting the police in identifying guilty individuals and setting a precedent.

It all comes down to....July 14th.

The final Harry Potter adventure, based on the last half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out on July 14th, and I could not be more excited...and terrified. I feel the creators of the past seven films have done a good job translating words to live-action so far, but in the end, it all comes down to this. I strongly believe that they cannot change any content from this adaptation, as it is all relevant to the end of the series. I'm excited to the extent that I'm going to try booking off July 15th so that I can attend the July 14th's Midnight viewing. The terror comes in not knowing how well the story will be portrayed...and for the whole crying in public thing. I haven't cried through any other film or book, but in Book 7, I put on the dark sunglasses (the last time I read it was in the very public Queen's Park in Toronto) and let'r rip. Thinking the same will happen for the live action version. This is an issue for which I'll need a tissue.

On a lighter note!
The guy I live with and I are reaching are one year anniversary of living together. Yay for not killing each other! Hope to have many more [years of not killing each other]!

1 comment:

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.