Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's the Golden Day, Golden Day, Gold....

A lot has changed in the last few months. I started a new job at INDUSTRYimages, which I had enjoyed for a glorious month, including a paid work trip to Calgary to learn the tricks of the trade. That all changed in Mid-March--the company closed its doors (it has since re-opened in some other cities, but not Winnipeg). Luckily, I had kept my part-time job at Ticketmaster and that tided me over until the month of May.

In that two months, I went to a number of interviews and started to stress out...wouldn't you be if you had left a permanent full-time job for a job that disappeared before your very eyes? Thanks to my friends and family that helped me through that time. Anyone that has lost a job can relate to the fact that the experience is the pits!

My spirits brightened when low and behold, I was offered a job at the beginning of May! And at a firm similar to ii, which is often hard to find, especially in Winnipeg! I accepted, of course, and have worked there since. In the last month, I have been trying to feel out the company to see if it's the right fit for me and in that time, I was approached by another company who had received a referral from an acquaintance. They seemed like a better fit for me, so I accepted the new position and I start next thursday, which just seems crazy!

So I am winding down one experience and then it's on to the next! Where will I stop? nobody knows...

Non-career-wise, the other awesome topic I must mention is that my band, The Main Street Exiles, Winnipeg's Rolling Stones Cover Band accomplished the following:
  • Recorded 4 demos, available for your listening pleasure here!
  • Completed a photoshoot. I think it went really well, but you don't have to take my word for it! (see below)
  • Played our first gig out! I didn't think I was nervous, but looking at live footage, I still have a nervous leg twitch, à la Ashlee Simpson Hoe-down. Need to work on that. I think I sounded fine though!
Now I have really got to get some sleep--I have never been able to adjust my body to waking up at 7am everyday and now that I have found myself a job that I intend to keep for the foreseeable future, I will have to get myself in training.

No comments: