Thursday, February 18, 2010

there's no place like this where I've been...

Well, I certainly haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped for reading week, but I really can't blame it on anything except for laziness. If Steve and Rach were home, I would have been distracted by them instead of the Olympics and gotten as equally little homework done.

That being said, hope those two have had--and will continue to have--a great time on their respective trips (Panorama in B.C.; Fort Myers/Eastern U.S.). I really wish I could afford to let loose on a trip, but that was what Toronto this past summer was supposed to be for me. I'd also like to give a shout out to Erin...she is the main reason I log into blogger so much (and do not blog myself)...I always enjoy waiting for her next blog entry. It sounds like she is having a hoot in Koper. It's too bad her current fellow countrymen have been unlucky so far at this year's Oly games (because I would know, as I have watched more of the games than I'd really like to admit---come on, curling? what's wrong with you, Nicole?!?!?)

I really do have to get cracking on homework, because I have no idea when ma peeps will be back in town and I have to allow for more distraction and thus less-getting-homework-done time. I work tomorrow and Friday evening, as well as Sat/Sun daytime shifts...Disney on Ice and their very strict exchange policies *shakes fist*. Luckily, my weekend shifts are in the South Box Office which is usually less busy, which allow for more homeworky time. In addition to the 4+ chapters I have left to read (since Friday have read: 1¾ chapters...boo), I have a take-home midterm due Thursday and a regular midterm ON Thursday that I have yet to begin preparing for. And then I have another midterm the following week.

I actually started to look more seriously at the job situation yesterday and whaddya know, I find like, 3 jobs. total. Not a good-looking situation at the mo, but I'll just have to make a point to look every week or so and actually put in an application instead of just bookmarking the job postings. Because, I need a job post-graduation.

So tomorrow will be filled with:
-Waking up on time, instead of an hour later than my alarm
-Not painting my nails or taking an extra-long shower or watching the Olympics
-Finishing more reading!
-Applying for ALL of the jobs on my bookmarks

And to persuade myself to go to sleep sooner than later I will end my night with a little accounting textbook reading...because my textbook would put the most caffeinated, awake person to sleep.

No comments: