Wednesday, November 04, 2009

back in the saddle again...sort of...

Whooooot. November, despite being ridiculously busy, is somewhat looking up for me. I've been working upstairs at TM on my days off from school and it's a welcome change of pace from being in the box office. Customers tend to be much less angry over the phone than in person--maybe it's because my "customer voice" tends to be a pitch higher over the phone--but either way, it's a good feeling to be asked my name, and then told "thanks so much for your help!"

School is really looking OK for me for once (that's gonna chance for winter term, so I'd better enjoy it while it lasts!). My research group did pretty well on the first part of our project, and the second part is simply administering questionnaires and analyzing the data. My marketing management project actually interests me--I want to see what we can recommend to our organization and see whether or not they take our advice.

I'm going to see the Arkells with rach for her birthday, and I'm super excited because she actually thinks they're pretty good, and I think her opinion of them can only get better once we go see them as they're what I call a Good Time Band, a band that will make you have a good time, even if you are unfamiliar with their music.

I'm attending the Commerce Business Banquet again, and this year I deliberately chose a table without a specific company, as many of the companies did not particularly interest me. Instead, I just want to practice talking myself up to a stranger. I've also decided to go with some friends from class, so at least I know a few people at the table.

November also holds Rachael and Holly's other birthday parties, which will keep me busy, not that I'm complaining.

Steve and I are keen to move out right after I graduate which is getting me excited, but I really have to hold off in thinking about this until I a)actually graduate and b) find a job.

Speaking of both of these things, I'm at work right now but should really get some other work done for school!

No comments: